Hennops Picnic Spot
Unfortunately the Picnic Spot will be closed due to COVID 19, level 3 restrictions.
The Picnic Spot is situated next to the Hennops River itself and offer 2 swimming pools, ablution facilities and ample braai facilities for day visitors.
Hennops Picnic Spot is also the home of the “Famous Suspension Bridge” seen in many films. The first bridge was built by the owner’s grandfather in 1932 and washed away with the floods a year later. It was then reinforced and except for necessary repairs, is still in good repair.
How it works
- Picnic Spot gate opens at 08h00 and closes at 17h00
- Entrance is R100/adult and R50/schoolchildren. (All fees are payable in cash – no card facilities available). Fees include hiking and mountain biking.
- No shop/restaurant on the premises.
- No music allowed
- No pets allowed
- Please note that this facility can be closed from time to time due to flooding during rainy season (low water vehicle access bridge).
- Please note that we are NOT affiliated with Hennops Pride or “Hennops River Hiking Trail“, so please ensure you follow directions for “Hennops Hiking & Mtb Trails” on Google Maps.