Hennops Offroad Trail
This trail is designed to enable any four wheel driver to experience the true pleasure of four wheel driving in conditions that will satisfy anyone from the first timer to the experienced driver.
For the experienced driver the trail lends itself to achieve ultimate performance with any 4WD vehicle over a wide variety of obstacles including mud-holes, steep rocky climbs, descents and dongas. We do need to leave something for the imagination so let’s not elaborate more on the obstacles !
For the not so experienced, tricky obstacles can be bypassed by existing tracks and service roads.
Kudu, Zebra, Blou Wildebeest and Blesbok together with a wide variety of bird life and smaller animals can be viewed along the way. Also look out for the Zonkies !
The idea is to learn more about the capabilities of your vehicle as well as to become more confident with your vehicle’s fullest potential.
The trail has a 2 – 4 technical grading.
The layout of the trail is in such a way that you will be able to take a detour should you wish to avoid an obstacle. Please ensure that your vehicles hubs are locked if they are not automatically locked.
2×4 High riders with diff-lock will be able to do approximately 80% of the trail.
Donga Lapa (On the trail)
The Lapa picnic area is open for all visitors. There are 10 braai’s available. We also have toilet and shower (cold water) facilities available here.
The lapa with its 3 braai’s may be booked exclusively for groups by prior arrangement.
How it works
- No bookings is required
- You can start the drive anytime between: 8h30 – 13h00
- Gate closes strictly at 17h00
- Entrance fee is R250 per vehicle which includes 2 persons, additional visitors will be charged R50 per adult. All fees are payable in cash – no card facilities available.
- The trail is a self drive trail that is about 9km long and takes about 2-3 hours to complete.
- No pets or music allow
- Strictly no motor bikes or quad bikes allow
- Please note that we are NOT affiliated with Hennops Pride , so please ensure you follow “Hennops Offroad Trail” on Google Maps.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer recovery services and you will be responsible to arrange your own